PS3 Hax! w00t!

PS2 and PS3 Hacks, Mods, and General Discussion.

Moderator: p455w0rd

the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

PS3 Hax! w00t!

Postby the_w0rd » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Well, I was playing in a modded lobby on MW2 on PS3 and finally got _ALL_ the info needed to mod the PS3 and MW2. I gotta find my USB thumb drive, then I will try it. If it works, I'll post a tut. I've been looking hard to find everything...oddly enough it was right in front of me the whole time. If you wanna give it a go..find the geohot 3.55 jailbreak (torrent), then you need the signed file manager which you can get here. Search "3.55 geohot jailbreak MW2" on youtube for instructions. You may have to piece a couple tuts together to get it to fully work. If anyone has done this already, let me know your results.
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Sounds cool, interested in how it all works out. Been holding off on getting a PS3 might have to get one now.
the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby the_w0rd » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm

This is a pretty sweet site: http://bit.ly/i6tRPO ...yup...it's on...If I can find the charger cord for the cam, I'll document the entire process from stock 3.55 all the way to running (LEGAL) backups, NES, and SNES..plus i stumbled across a couple homebrew games already....I'm so freaking excited I can't stand it! If we get linux with full gfx access....well..you get where I'm going...I hope everything goes as planned...I'll post results tomorrow

the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby the_w0rd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 am

Great news! I've got my PS3 modded! So far I just got ftp/fm/backup mgr working...backup mgr is currently copying black ops from disc to hdd...I'll post after it completes on the results of booting via HDD! so fucking exciting..I've waited for this day since I got this damn thing. Wii took 1 month to break, 360...~3months...PS3..3...long....years..geohot ownz...Only thing that kinda didn't go as planned was the fact that multiMAN didn't install after the geohot CFW..which I expected..so I installed blackb0x ftp and the awesome file manager under geohot's CFW since they would...and then I installed the most current version of waninkoko's OVER geohot's...then multiMAN installed and is currently backing up black ops.

MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:56 am

Nice! post a guide.
the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby the_w0rd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:27 pm

ok..i just woke up since i was up till 8:00 am this morning messing with it..but I've successfully backed up and booted beatles rock band...i could not for the life of me boot backed up cod games..this is nothing new...I just gotta learn a little more...but from what i've read, apart from the COD series, games are booting from HD..The NES/SNES emu's i have wouldn't install on the 2nd mod (you have to install 2 mods..one on top of the other)...I'm going back to factory tonight to see if the emus will install under geohot's and run under the 2nd mod...I'll post a complete how to after I get everything working...supposedly ppl have gotten MW2/black ops to boot from disk, but there are no videos of it, and I don't believe it till I see it...Something to note is the ps1/ps2 emus...our PS3 is _not_ backward compatible...but the emu's are on the HDD..and I can't think of a better emu to use than the one created by the original console manufacturer

the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby the_w0rd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:32 pm

also..i installed the mw2 challenge lobby mod...omg..there is so much awesomeness in that mod...you can fire care packages instead of bullets..i mean there are just TONS of things that the mod does...I just haven't yet figured out how to pull ppl looking for an online game, which is the main purpose of the mod..but I've done little more research than how to download and install the patch.

http://www.console-spot.com/homebrew-do ... ed-eboots/ - these may work for games that copy and won't boot..There isn't a fully working black ops patch on that site though...I need to figure out how to edit these files...i'll do it myself if I can get some info on it..

the_w0rd
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby the_w0rd » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:02 pm

I made a vid..but now I gotta DL TDA to edit it cuz my cam records the clips to a single.vro file and from what i'm reading TDA is the best software to do this..anyway..i just got Black Ops to boot from HDD! I'll post a link to the proof-of-concept vid if/when I get the editing done..now I'm off to go reset to stock n do it all again, hopefully getting emulators to workin the process..it's the only thing still not working

Return to “Playstation”