ut99 and vista!

Need help with our website or game servers, have a suggestion? Need help with your server? Post it here.
WiShKaH
NOOB
NOOB

ut99 and vista!

Postby WiShKaH » Wed May 02, 2007 8:43 am

finally got my new lappy and whopdedoo it has vista.

i heared somewhere that you guys had sorted ut99 and vista?!?!?!?! some people say its fine regarding that u installed both fresh..my ut is my old folder and vista came with the lappy.

however when i got it playing. everything freezes and keeps getting stuck. very slow rifle/xloc change and xlocing in gerneral is terrible

any ideas??? i was gioing to install direcetx9 but i hear vista needs 10 to run?

help appriciated.

love from
[DoC]WiShKaH
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Wed May 02, 2007 10:06 am

I got UT99 running on Vista ok but i'm not completly happy with it. It runs way better on XP so for now I have put Vista on the back burner (i'm dual booting). Hoping that when Vista SP1 comes out that it will fix some of the issues with games in general. UT99 is not the only game that runs crappy on it. My major issue is I'm getting CPU spikes to 100% and the game gets jumpy and skips frames.

Some people here have no problems running UT99 or any other game on Vista. eMac tinkered with some Vista services and found that shutting off the "SuperFetch" service in Vista helped with UT99 so you might try that. He re enabled the service on the next boot and did not encounter any problems after that.

Making sure you have the latest Vista drivers for your video card will help as well, and playing with the video card settings.
Sauron
Monster Kill
Monster Kill

Postby Sauron » Wed May 02, 2007 10:58 am

VIsta sucks...so far
ut99 forever
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 am

Bitch Killer found that running UT99 on Vista in compatibility mode (Windows 95) has helped. Something else to try.

Return to “Server/Website Help & Suggestions”