Voice Pks

Need help with our website or game servers, have a suggestion? Need help with your server? Post it here.
HoH_YourMaker
NOOB
NOOB

Voice Pks

Postby HoH_YourMaker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Hey this is Maker from HOH. I have a question about voice pks. I noticed that when I go on your server and kill someone, I can hear my voice pk if I have auto taunt selected. On our server, if I kill someone I don't hear my voice pk. Everyone else does hear my taunts except me and vice versa. If I open up the taunt menu and select one then I do hear it but not if I kill someone. I have all the server package lines for each voice pk. in the ini file. We also have Monster Hunt on the same server and when I'm blasting monsters, I do hear my voice pk. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:17 pm

Hmm, The only thing that comes to mind is we are running Valhalla Avatar on our server.

Valhalla Avatar is a mod that allows clients to use any model, skin, or voicepack on your server, regardless of whether or not it is installed server-side. Not sure but maybe that could have something to do wit it.
HoH_YourMaker
NOOB
NOOB

Postby HoH_YourMaker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Hey, actually I'm running that mod too. My problem doesn't have anything to do with that, I think. Like you said, that mod allows you to use any voice pk or skin without it having to be installed in the server. My problem is I can't hear my taunts if I kill someone but they can hear the taunt. Other people hear the taunts. I do have auto taunt enabled. The weird thing like I said is if I'm playing Monster Hunt and blasting monsters, I hear all my taunts.
{DMF}Raptor
NOOB
NOOB

Postby {DMF}Raptor » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:32 pm

We're having that same issue on our sniper server.... you can't hear your own auto taunts anymore :cry:
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:41 pm

I just noticed, I can't hear my own taunts on the dFb server.. Weird..
HoH_YourMaker
NOOB
NOOB

Postby HoH_YourMaker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:58 pm

That's weird Mattman. I was just on your server the other day and I heard my auto taunts.
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 pm

I don't get it, I can't hear them on my machine. But when my wife is playing and I kill her I can her my taunts coming out on her speakers but not on mine.. lol I have never noticed this before.
Sauron
Monster Kill
Monster Kill

Postby Sauron » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:56 pm

i have the same issue here.....if you find how to fix it.....:)
Evilone
Mod
Mod

Postby Evilone » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:03 pm

i can here mine just fine maybe it depends on what voice pack it is?
mine is Pure Pwnage
GreenMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GreenMan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:38 am

I hear mine on some servers and not others. Voice packs are anoying anyway. People use them too often. It should be a statement not an all the time thing. :?
HoH_YourMaker
NOOB
NOOB

Postby HoH_YourMaker » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:00 pm

Well, I just checked your server and yes I can hear my auto taunts, Now auto taunts don't play when you get a headshot because of the announcement and thats normal. So I don't understand why you can't hear yours MattMan. That's weird!

Return to “Server/Website Help & Suggestions”