Hello everyone from those of us at #ut3pugs

Introduce yourself or post your clan links here!
Random54
NOOB
NOOB

Hello everyone from those of us at #ut3pugs

Postby Random54 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:23 am

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the admins of #ut3pugs on irc.gameradius.net or http://www.ut3pugs.com
Two things brought me here:

The first is to invite anyone interested to come and play competitive pickup games with some of the best TDM players active in UT3. All skill levels are welcome and most of the people involved are quite nice and helpful. If your interested in improving your skill level at UT3 please come and play with us.

The second reason I came here was, I recently played {dFb}Maximus on the East coast USA NY Duel server and beat him pretty badly. With a couple of minutes left in the match I was called a cheater by the spectators. Nothing I could do or say would sway them in regards to them thinking I'm cheating. Maximus was classy enough to keep his thoughts to himself and I thank him for that.

Now first off I don't cheat. I'm 28 and I've been playing competitively since 1998 with the original unreal and after that with UT99. I took a break from playing around 2004 after UT2k4 continued to disappoint me. I'm now playing UT3 again, and like a lot of the competitive players I find myself constantly being accused of cheating. Some people take this as a compliment. I see it as a problem with the game. People will not get better if they think the better players are cheating. Before aimbots came out for UT99 people used to strive to get better and by playing better players they did. Now people simply accuse the better players of cheating.

I think UT3 has the best game-play of any FPS game to date for competitive play. It also has the smallest competitive community I've ever seen for a major FPS title. We're trying to grow this community and would love to have as many active UT3 players as possible join us. I would also greatly appreciate any {dFb} members to stick up for us when we get accused of cheating.

Thanks for your time

Random54

http://www.ut3pugs.com
Kaiser_Soze
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby Kaiser_Soze » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Dude, I agree with everything you said except you saying you weren't cheating. I appreciate your mature attitude in response to my accusations but the fact still stands that you were definitely hackin. I don't want this to turn into a long drawn out discussion so I won't reply to anything you say after this. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I have mine and you have yours. And for the record I have never, not once accused someone of hackin on a server's chat before. Of course I've never seen someone be so fuckin obvious before either. I'm sure you'll view the demo after it's posted and try to explain away your actions but try and do better than saying "I just tweeked my mouse settings". I consider that irrelevant when you were shooting at Max not stop when he was not in view 90% of the time. The funny thing is after I accused you you suddenly you stopped hackin and Max started killin you. The one regret I do have is saying anything to you at all about it. If you need to hack to play fine, it's your prerogative, I don't care i can promise you this i won't have to worry about you hackin in our servers as I'm placing as ban on you right after I post this.
emac
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emac » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Didn't watch so I can't make an opinion but I do know some of the best UT3 DM/Dual players are on ut3pugs. Kaiser seams pretty convinced and he was in spec which gives him a better idea of what's really going on than if he was in Maximus's position. Do the UT3Pugs servers have demos on?? Don't remember from the last time I played. I've only played in a couple pugs but I probably should start playing more regularly :)
Maximus
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby Maximus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 pm

i will say that that was deffinatly the worst ass kicking i have recieved to date, i dont play dm or duel enough. but i have played some pretty good opponents! i couldnt see what kaiser saw, but it seemed you were all over me no matter where i went. so i will not accuse you of anything except kicking my ass! if you know a map better than another player its hard to defeat them.
Random54
NOOB
NOOB

Postby Random54 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:27 am

Kaiser, the reason maximus killed me twice at the end of the match was because I stopped playing to talk to you. Its not because I turned off any "hack". Also he was able to get belt and weapons, which I had previously denied him by controlling the map. Shooting shock or rockets where some one will be is not a hack, it is a combination of watching where they went, and guessing as to where they are going and how long it will take them to get there. When you 1v1 the same maps over and over again you get used to these things.

Finally, if some one is up for it, I will play a 1v1 match on a server of your choosing next week and video tape myself playing. Theoretically I could get away with an aimbot this way, but there is no way I could get away with using any sort of radar or wall hack as you would see it on my screen.

Accusing good players of botting instead of trying to figure out how they do what they do, is a sure fire way to never get as good as them. If you could figure out how I do what I do (and I would be more than happy to coach anyone using voice) then you could become a much better dueler.

Here are a few tips:

When fighting most players use dodges, and most players use dodge right the most. Also most players use a combination left right dodge. So its easy enough to wait for them to dodge and shoot where they are going to be. Just takes patience and dexterity. Good players throw in double jumps and wall jumps to make themselves much more difficult to hit.

Learn a map. Do this by playing it, or better yet, spectate good players playing it. See where they double wall jump to take shortcuts, and see the routes they take. Once you realize that people play maps in patterns it makes it much easier to figure out where they are going.

Turn your music off. This game has very loud footsteps. If your playing on a server with UTComp you can even turn off your own footsteps. This lets you hear approximately where a player is. So you can run away from him or ambush him as your situation requires.

Shadow Glitch. You can see a players shadow on the underside of many floors and ramps. I use this all the time on deck and other maps to know where to combo and when. He can't tell where you are, but you know where he is :D

The three gun rule. Always try and have Rockets/Flak for short - medium range, shock/sniper for medium - long range, and stinger/link for finishing some one off who you think is very low on life. Try not to engage people long range with the short range weapons, or short range with the long range weapons. And if you dont have a finishing weapon, don't get gready. If its going to cost you your life, dont engage.

The most important rule of 1v1. RUN AWAY! The best players never engage unless they have to or they have a major advantage. The rest of the time they run away hoping to draw you after them. Its really easy to know where a player is going to be if they follow you. So when do you attack? Spawn rape as much as possible. Also fight over belt and armor. Try and prevent him from getting it or negate it by damaging him if you cant get it.

I learned 1v1 from MircoBurst, Esca, Chicken, and many more UT99 players including Overtoad before anyone had ever invented an aimbot.

I was in was around when inf got busted with a bot and I was the one who busted |DFA|Jet for botting when he got caught. I have never botted or used an external timer and am willing to prove it if it will help the community.

random54 on xfire if anyone is interested in a game or help with theirs. Also, since I have to borrow a video camera, I don't mind either posting xfire vids of my gameplay or doing live xfire broadcasts if that would help settle your mind in the mean time.
Shadow_Fox
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby Shadow_Fox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 am

Random54 wrote:Kaiser, the reason maximus killed me twice at the end of the match was because I stopped playing to talk to you. Its not because I turned off any "hack". Also he was able to get belt and weapons, which I had previously denied him by controlling the map. Shooting shock or rockets where some one will be is not a hack, it is a combination of watching where they went, and guessing as to where they are going and how long it will take them to get there. When you 1v1 the same maps over and over again you get used to these things.

Finally, if some one is up for it, I will play a 1v1 match on a server of your choosing next week and video tape myself playing. Theoretically I could get away with an aimbot this way, but there is no way I could get away with using any sort of radar or wall hack as you would see it on my screen.

Accusing good players of botting instead of trying to figure out how they do what they do, is a sure fire way to never get as good as them. If you could figure out how I do what I do (and I would be more than happy to coach anyone using voice) then you could become a much better dueler.

Here are a few tips:

When fighting most players use dodges, and most players use dodge right the most. Also most players use a combination left right dodge. So its easy enough to wait for them to dodge and shoot where they are going to be. Just takes patience and dexterity. Good players throw in double jumps and wall jumps to make themselves much more difficult to hit.

Learn a map. Do this by playing it, or better yet, spectate good players playing it. See where they double wall jump to take shortcuts, and see the routes they take. Once you realize that people play maps in patterns it makes it much easier to figure out where they are going.

Turn your music off. This game has very loud footsteps. If your playing on a server with UTComp you can even turn off your own footsteps. This lets you hear approximately where a player is. So you can run away from him or ambush him as your situation requires.

Shadow Glitch. You can see a players shadow on the underside of many floors and ramps. I use this all the time on deck and other maps to know where to combo and when. He can't tell where you are, but you know where he is :D

The three gun rule. Always try and have Rockets/Flak for short - medium range, shock/sniper for medium - long range, and stinger/link for finishing some one off who you think is very low on life. Try not to engage people long range with the short range weapons, or short range with the long range weapons. And if you dont have a finishing weapon, don't get gready. If its going to cost you your life, dont engage.

The most important rule of 1v1. RUN AWAY! The best players never engage unless they have to or they have a major advantage. The rest of the time they run away hoping to draw you after them. Its really easy to know where a player is going to be if they follow you. So when do you attack? Spawn rape as much as possible. Also fight over belt and armor. Try and prevent him from getting it or negate it by damaging him if you cant get it.

I learned 1v1 from MircoBurst, Esca, Chicken, and many more UT99 players including Overtoad before anyone had ever invented an aimbot.

I was in was around when inf got busted with a bot and I was the one who busted |DFA|Jet for botting when he got caught. I have never botted or used an external timer and am willing to prove it if it will help the community.

random54 on xfire if anyone is interested in a game or help with theirs. Also, since I have to borrow a video camera, I don't mind either posting xfire vids of my gameplay or doing live xfire broadcasts if that would help settle your mind in the mean time.

hmm mostly what i do in UT 99

I think UT3 has the best game-play of any FPS game to date for competitive play. It also has the smallest competitive community I've ever seen for a major FPS title. We're trying to grow this community and would love to have as many active UT3 players as possible join us

BE THERE IN ABOUT A YEARRR! :lol:
Pez
Double Kill
Double Kill

Postby Pez » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:51 am

yeah when ur comp can handle it lol
Random54
NOOB
NOOB

Postby Random54 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:15 pm

I thought of another tip while spectating a game.
A lot of people are not dodging enough. The reason we dodge is to not only move quicker, but to be much more aware of what is going on around us.

Say you are moving down a hallway, and there are openings on your right but the wall is solid to your left. While moving forward, look right and dodge left. While in the air look behind you and then back ahead again while using the aw keys to maintain your forward momentum. By doing this in a 1v1 it makes it very difficult for anything to get by you. If some one comes in view of you for even a second, you will spot them and be able to act accordingly. Keep in mind you don't have too look all the way backwards, just so that the right hand side of your screen shows directly behind you you should be okay.
Shadow_Fox
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby Shadow_Fox » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 pm

im drooling to kick ass right nowww getbent getbent

lickme1

i'll take ya on the UT99 sniper servers anyday :roll:

if ur up for it 8)
PhantomSV
NOOB
NOOB

Postby PhantomSV » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:46 am

hey, ive been in that channel but noone was up for a pug, i mean i know i was going to get my behind wooped, but noone was pugging.

Has anyone though of doing a video on how to pug? then upload it to youtube? I will do one in spanish soon.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”