Building high poly terrains, and converting them to UT

Anythang about UnrealED
MiniMe
NOOB
NOOB

Building high poly terrains, and converting them to UT

Postby MiniMe » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:19 am

Hey there dfb guys. I found your site off some other unreal site, your was linked. anyways, I found a tutorial on making terrains. www.silveribex.com Well on that site it says Terragen to Unreal. (the tutorial is for Unreal 1, not ut , but the ut and unreal ed are the same thing, so it will still work) Well I hope you find this usefull. Btw the tutorial, dont give good enough directions too file converting . So Ill explain that right now. After you download Terragen ( its free) click generate randomize terrrain, than it makes one for you :D after you have your terrain save it as a .TER file, now this part may sound weird but it worked for me, rename it too a .BMP file, and that actucally converts it(i did it and it worked :o ) so after you have a .BMP terrain, dl MilkShape 3d Trial for free, than use the height map generator, and impot your bmp terrain and export it as a .Dxf or dfx ( i foget, but its on the file list of exports, youll see it) anyways, than in Unreal ed clcik Brush>import>than what ever terrain you made. Than you can right click the terrain click brush properties>scaling, than make it bigger, because the size is kinda too small. But anyways, have fun, btw i made a 8,000 poly terrain XD! anyways like I said www.silveribex.com has the tutorial. Have fun making ultra secksee 10,000 poly terrains. :)
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info.. Should come in handy if I ever get off my ass and make another map. Thanks again, and welcome to our home!

Return to “UnrealED”