FIIRRREEEEE!!!!!!

Post whatever Here.
Katana
Ultra Kill
Ultra Kill

FIIRRREEEEE!!!!!!

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 am

Having one hell of a month. First off the shop I work at Moreland Choppers caught fire and burnt up one of the owners bikes a fully restored $25000 65 panhead. and a customers crappy POS. I lost a sterio and the charger to my drill, Lucky Me :) We think a bum was sleeping on our park bench and maybe tossed a sigarette in the trash and caught it on fire and then spead to the building.
Now my house is /was in jeopardy of going up in smoke because of eight fires going on at once. Fire is up in Malibu with scattered fires down too Valley Center and still moving South. I was literaly in a horse shoe of fire. Fire got withina a miles of my house just up on the hill. Same thing three years ago with the Cedar fire. Fire came over the hill and then went out or moved south of us. I'm outta danger now but my parents maybe having to visit me here soon. Fires got so bad that we only had one way outta here through hwy 78 which was on fire a few off ramps down from the detour route.
My buddy Mike some of you have talked with him, he was evacuated out early morning and spent the day at my place. Hes now back home to his now ashy apartment complex.
Ash is everywhere he told me. Here its stilll just smokey because winds are still blowing pretty hard keeping ash from settling. Winds gusted upto 50mph just pushing the flames. Got some early morning pics up at Mikes new website. . We use it to setup next ride days. Sign up if youd like.

http://www.musclecross.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27

Theres a couple short videos and some pics of the smokey sky
No other pics were taken much later, we were trying to stay inside out of the smoke.
Last edited by Katana on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sauron
Monster Kill
Monster Kill

Postby Sauron » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:45 am

OMG dude, i hope you and MIke will be o.k with everything.
save some water in your pockets...lol
take care
Katana
Ultra Kill
Ultra Kill

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks Sauron yea Mike and myself are fine. I may get threatened again here by mid day if the Harrahs fire doesn't slow down or die out. Over 260,000 people have been evacuated and so far over 500 homes destroyed and still counting. Only one life lost, a 52 year old man. Not sure how he died.
My eyes are burning and allergies are screaming at me. I feel like shit with all this smoke and ash flying around. Some fires are dieing out fut then all of the sudden others with start somewhere else. Some Jackass was doing something in his house and caught it on fire so NOW THAT fire may threaten my house later this afternoon. Some stupid inbread wannabe indian who is really mexican started his house on fire. DUMBSHIT!!! Now I have to worry about my kids AGAIN.
MattMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MattMan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:38 am

Crazy shit bro, no wounder you haven't been around much. Stay safe and keep us posted!
BlackWidow
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby BlackWidow » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:55 am

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Be safe.
Katana
Ultra Kill
Ultra Kill

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:37 am

update now over 300,000 people evacuated and something like 250,000 acres burnt and 1200 homes destroyed and these are just estiments no yet confirmed. Fire is still going but further away now. However if the Rincoln Fire continues to burn it could get blown in my direction again. Winds have died down but are supposed to pick up by mid day. Were getting 5 to 10 mph winds right now but last they were recorded in the 60s. Trash guy didn't even come by to pick up the trash yet my trash cans are empty...lol Free trash removal I guess.
All the road me and Mike ride on are burnt or burning. This sucks. Some of the funnests roads we've found and their mess up now. Gonna be a while for this damage to to be fotgotten. My parents are still on Voluntary Evac in Encinitas. Took today off FUCK WORK iiim staying home.
monoxide
Multi Kill
Multi Kill

Postby monoxide » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:30 pm

dang that sucks man
thepostman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby thepostman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Sorry to here that bret ! Get your TS up BITCH ! Miss ya around here!
GreenMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GreenMan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:04 pm

I hope things work out for you Brett. Are you near San Diego? Love them Chargers! :P
Katana
Ultra Kill
Ultra Kill

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:14 pm

Well so far so good and yea im in san diego county. alittle north from the city.

Return to “General Discussion”